My 16 wk old isnt getting enough breast milk form me, is there something the can increase milk production?

I have been drinking at least 64oz of water a day, but I don't seem to make enough milk for my 16wk old she wants to nurse every hour or sooner.

jennadd

Asked by jennadd at 11:09 AM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It really helped me to drink red raspberry leaf tea. There is also different herbs that will help boost your milk production.
    The specific herb that I am thinking of is at the tip of my toung...help me out ladies...Well, just go to your local Health Food Store and they will know...hope that this helps. Good Luck!
    tizzolsen

Answer by tizzolsen at 11:13 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• You have to go see your OB/GYN about this. If your not producing enough to meet the babys demands, you are dehydrating the baby and making her Hungry. Sounds like you have to go to Formula Feeding. Call your Doctor, don't let her go this long like this. Its not healthy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• tizzolsen - is it proven to be safe for the baby?
    Should not suggest something if you don't know the facts. Never take anything that you don't know facts about, has to be 100% SAFE for the baby. Can harm them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I have heard that Fenugreek (which can be found at your local herb store) and blessed thistle can help. You probably want to ask your doctor though and about how much to take, if they think it is a good idea.
    EmJe

Answer by EmJe at 11:21 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Pumping. The more you feed/pump, the more your body will make.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 12:36 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Fenugreek and fennel work. You can get these at a health food store. They also make teas like Mother's Milk tea or the teas will say that they are for lactation. You can also try pumping after feedings. Fenugreek and fennel are safe for you and safe in breastmilk, but consult your physician first.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 3:36 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Do both bottle and breast, it will fill her up and you wont hurt. i did with my daughter, plus I think it's easier when you quit breast all together
    LilMamaCrooks

Answer by LilMamaCrooks at 8:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2008