How do you wash stuffed animals without ruining them?

I'm about to get rid of them all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Put them in a pillow case, tie it up, and then throw in the wash.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I agree with the other poster - put them in a pillow case, tie it up and throw in the wash. BUT... to help keep them soft so they wont be rough... add some fabric softner! Works like a charm! :)
    ProudOhioMom

Answer by ProudOhioMom at 3:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Ohhh. Good question. Do you put the fabric softener in the washer? What about drying them?
    lizzeh

Answer by lizzeh at 3:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I usually don't dry them. When I take them out of the washer, I shake them vigorously to fluff the fur back up and then let them air dry. ProudOhioMom is right, fabric softener is a must!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 3:35 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• If it is because they are dirty then I would wash them in the pillowcase and air dry. If it is because of dust mites and they look clean then there is a light wand that you can buy that kills dust mite bacteria etc so you don't have to wash them . I saw it at Costco this last week.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 3:47 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I'm such a dumbass. I was thinking fabric softener sheets, not the liquid kind. I was like...you put the dryer sheet in thw washer....yeah, I win dumbass question of the year. =(
    lizzeh

Answer by lizzeh at 4:21 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Lol, Lizzeh! Not dumb, just having a "Mommy" moment! I blame my children for my diminished ability to think clearly!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Okay this may be even more stupid ..but how do you tie up the pillow case? Like in a knot?
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 4:48 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• are you wanting to get rid of the germs in the animals?? if so my pediatrician told me i could put the animals in a plastic bag and put them in the freezer overnight and that will kill the germs....just thought id tell you that.

Anonymous

• I just put them in a lingerie bad (a pillowcase will work too) and wash them. I've never had any problems.

kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:50 PM on Jan. 11, 2009