can these be contractions??

I will get a pain in my tummy and it will tighten up but its only on one side...it feels like a contraction but like i said its just on one side. At first i though it was just the baby pushing up but they are sorta timed it happens around every 20-40 mins.

GraciesMom52407

Asked by GraciesMom52407 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It can be Braxton Hicks Contractions, everyone goes through this to prepare for the real deal. Keep timing them! If you see they are happening every 10 - 20 minutes apart, time is near. You can always call your OB/GYN to have your Cervix checked to be on the safe side.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I had a lot of trouble telling if my baby was moving or if I was having contractions. Most of the time it was just the baby pushing out on one part of my stomach and it would be hard where the baby pushed. I didn't really know what a contraction felt like until I went into labor.

http://1sttimeparents-whatdowedonow.blogspot.com
    NoJo

Answer by NoJo at 3:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2008