Did anyone on here name their child something unusual, unique, not common or just plain weird to most people?

I just want to hear how many people went for a name like that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• if i had a girl i wanted to name her Ainsli, but my fiance didnt like it. we had a boy though.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 3:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• My daughter is Jossalyn :o] It's not a completely common name, and the spelling is even more uncommon.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:10 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Named DD Emersyn. It guess it isn't that unique, but I liked Emily and Emma but they were too popular. Emerson is a boys name and we thought we would change the O to a Y. We actually caught flack for that from older family members. What a silly thing to complain about. We call her Emy.
    Anonymous

• We've been told our son's name, Micah Josiah, is unusual. However, I don't think it's that unusual, maybe a bit uncommon.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• My 1st one is Brianna and I thought that was unique....guess not! lol My last DD is Burgandy and that IS unusual!!! Everyone loves it.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 4:14 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Yes - well our first isn't really odd but it's spelled odd, we also have Daisy, Zoe, and Shiloh
    DebateandRelate

Answer by DebateandRelate at 4:22 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• My DD's MN is Devi (PN like Levi w/ a D). People tend to think it's odd.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 4:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• My son's name is Dax.
    jmartin

Answer by jmartin at 4:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Our dd's name is Corian Maja.

never ever seen another girl with the name Corian before. its a boys and girls name though.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• My daughter name is common but the spelling is not. Her name is Emilie and most the time it is spelled Emily. She is named after a friend that died and i saw the emilie spelling and thought it was cutie and different. My name is also common but the spelling isn't really that common. Chelsy. I've only meet one other girl in 22 yrs with the same spelling.
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 5:21 PM on Jan. 11, 2009