If you do not believe in God, do you EVER allow yourself to wonder.....

"what if I'm wrong?" I believe God puts a "homing device" in all of us that makes us seek Him out in some way. However, in today's world, there are so many distractions and "theories" that it is getting easier and easier to drown out that "small, still voice." Obviously, I'm a believer that Jesus Christ is Lord. I am NOT trying to judge anyone or convince you that I am right and you are wrong! I really care about other people, and fear that we are in "end times" on this earth. I believe it is the responsibilty of all Christians to be working fervently to see others saved. Please don't respond and say I am forcing my beliefs on you, you chose to read this. Please respect this is something I feel very heartfelt about and that I am not trying to offend anyone. So, do you? Do you ever think, "if I am wrong and I keep tuning out God's voice, I, and possibly my family, are going to have an eternal price to pay?"

Mishelly728

Asked by Mishelly728 at 3:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I grew up a Christian and then, after I got married and went to school, I thought I knew so much and walked away from God. I was an atheist for years but there was always a nagging inside me. Like something was missing from my life. So, during those years I called myself an atheist or agnostic, depending on the day, LOL, I always felt something trying to work in my life. I am happy to say I have come back to God. I am much happier than in years past and I pray that my husband will come back to God and that my children with love God as much as I do.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 6:36 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• well said.
    Mickey37

Answer by Mickey37 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Hi,
    First I don't feel like you are trying to force your views...but that opinion could change depending on future responses to this post. LOL
    I used to be a born again Christian...during that time I questioned whether or not there was really a god. Now that I am an atheist (not A because it is not a religion) I really don't ask the what if question because I have done so much research and the idea of a god just does not make sense to me.
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 4:23 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Well, I believe all people are born atheist and only believe in god because that is what they are taught by their parents.
    Do you ever let yourself wonder, "what if there is no god?" Probably not.
    Personally, I see absolutely no proof of god anywhere I look. All I see is nature and humans doing their thing. And I have let myself think about if there is a god. If there is then it's either nothing like in the Christian Bible and won't care what I did during my time on Earth or it is the Christian god and then I stand by my life of not worshiping it because I have yet to see anything worthy to worship.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Of course everyone questions their beliefs from time to time. But the truth of the matter is, if I were to convert to christianity it would only be from fear of a price to pay and not based on me trulely believing in my heart of hearts. And I think to lie and say I truley believe it is worse than being honest and saying that I dont. I believe a loving god will at least see my heart was pure. Fear just isnt a good enough reason for me to convert.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 4:32 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Every age has thought they were in the "end times".

I believe in the big JC with all my heart and soul but have a hard time sharing my faith - mostly because I feel it is such a personal, private decision.

I enjoy talking with people but would never assume I could change anyone's mind with just talk. I think it is through behavior and day-to-day actions that we show how we live and what we believe.

If anyone want to come to church with me, they are welcome. I sing loudly and badly so you have been warned.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:41 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• NightOwlMama, I agree with you, some people do convert only out of fear, and if that remains the only reason, they will not last. However, once you give your life to Christ, He works on your heart. You develop a relationship with Him because you are grateful for the sacrifice that He made for you on the cross.

justanotherjen, of course I have questioned "what if there is no God?" Like NightOwlMama said, everyone questions their beliefs some times. I would never deny that. However, if I am wrong, and there is no God, what have I lost? A lifetime of trying to be a good person, serving others, doing good? That's a chance I'm willing to take! BTW, the things you listed, nature, human beings, to me, those ARE the PROOF of a true God. Honestly, I think it takes more faith to believe all of that "just happened" than to believe that we have an Intelligent Designer who created and loves us!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 4:42 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Mishelly an intelligent respectful answer kudos to you!
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 4:45 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Thank you, NightOwlMama! I try, I don't always succeed, but I try!

Wimsey--

"I enjoy talking with people but would never assume I could change anyone's mind with just talk. I think it is through behavior and day-to-day actions that we show how we live and what we believe."

I understand what you are saying and I think you are absolutely correct about living our lives day-to-day. I don't set out to change someone's mind when I talk to them, just plant a seed. It is God's job to see that seed grow, it is my job to be His hands and feet.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 4:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Please go to www.youtube.com and type in "Zeitgeist Religion"
    That is why I refuse to believe in YOUR god. :)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 5:02 PM on Jan. 11, 2009