Left or Right?

what do you think the majority of people are on cafemom? in your experiences?

I stand middle ground, personally, but I can't believe the bashing that Sarah Palin gets on here from fellow moms! Still, even after the election. Hello?!? She is a fellow mom, working hard, AND raising kids. She's got courage and strength. How many of you here on cafemom would take on the VP candidacy while raising a family?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think Palin is a strong woman. I think Clinton is a strong woman. I wouldn't vote for Clinton, EVER. I make jokes about her. But she is still active in US politics. Palin is no longer a contender. So, what I don't get, why is she still being bashed? I think there are some out there that avoid the real issues and attack Palin becauseshe is an easy target. She stands behind her beliefs. Few politicians do that.  Even Barack Obama stood behind Rev Wright and referred to him "as Family", till it was no longer politically convenient to do so.  Palin didn't run from her beliefs. I think that speaks volumes in this day and age of US politicians.  jmo

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• straight ahead....The reason many are still talking about her is because she has been all over the media, talking about every station on how they treated her. What i have a problem with is i don't think she was ready to become VP, possibly Pres.
    Anonymous

• The stupidest phrase I EVER heard was that some leftie loon was so far left she was RIGHT. Idiot is what I thought. Anyway, I feel it's 50/50 with some Independents leaning one way or the other this year, but prior to the election alot of the conservative posts were deleted repeatedly and that encuraged alot of anon usage and new private groups being created. It seems more to the left to me.
    Sarah Palin will be relevant again, regardless of what cafemommies have to say.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I think the majority leans towards the right! I however Im middle. As for accepting the VP nomination, I would never. My family comes first and Im not qualified. She should have done the same thing. She is not qualified and she has a lot of family issues. She should have said thanks but no thanks to the nomination

Anonymous

• From what I've seen, there's definitely a good amount of both here on CM...but the majority tends to lean more to the right.

I personally am a moderate left. I'm not the most liberal person in the world but I tend to agree with the left more than I do with the right.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:42 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I have met alot far out lefties on here. Sorry I am a far right RIGHTY. Come on how may women in America are CEO's of companies. So I guess they should stay home too. Yea, her family has issues but every family in America does. She has more qualification in 1 finger than our current President Elect has in his entire body. JMO. Time for people to lay off of her and find something else go gab about.
    Anonymous

• I think Sarah is great! And I am a Republican wife to a veteran of 34 years.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Very Conservative Christian Republican here! Oh,and Scorpio359, I think Sarah is great,also.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• For starters, Palin should have known what a V.P.'s responsibilities are before she accepted the nomination...
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 5:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I ride the fence. I am Democrat but I can see how SOME of the Republican views make sense. I always make sure I know the facts from both sides, but I vote Democrat. It seems to me that for the most part Republicans are quite religious and that is all well and good but Politics and religion should NEVER be mixed in my oppinion. I think Palin is a very strong woman who can now just go back to being who she was before this whole election. If she wants to remain in polotics I feel she needs to study a bit harder!!
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 6:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2009