Au Natural or Meds

Which did you choose and why?

DebateandRelate

Asked by DebateandRelate at 4:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• #1 - natural because I waited too long :) got to the hospital just in time to push LOL
    #2 - after they gave me pitocin, I opted for the epidural
    #3 - epidural before they broke my water and started the pitocin because I knew what I was in for
    Anonymous

• epidural! as soon as my pregnancy test came back positive, i knew right away i wanted one. and for this pregnancy too.
    ohwowtwinsnow

Answer by ohwowtwinsnow at 4:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Well, I had to be induced, so that blew any chance of a natural birth haha. I wasn't wanting one anyway, I'm not brave enough. I had Pitocin with my induction and I had the epidural. I couldn't have had a better labor and delivery.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:40 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Natural for several reasons.
    #1) Many of the medications used in hospitals for birth, like stadol, epidurals, and spinal blocks do effect the baby. They are transferred through the placental wall. Many doctors and hospital staff will tell you other wise, but after going through school and becoming an RN in L&D I learned that for a fact. If you google it, there are several studies.
    #2) After working in L&D I refused to give birth in a hospital. I had an awesome home birth, no pain medication, and gave birth to a 9 pound 8 oz baby boy.
    MonroeLoves82

Answer by MonroeLoves82 at 5:01 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I wanted to do Natural but I failed. I was induced and the nurses kept pressuring me.
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 5:12 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• epidural---emergency c-section
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:41 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Epidural.

Why? Because I'm allergic to pain. It hurts too much.

I'm a BIG WIMP!!!!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• 3 of my kids I had an epidural because I will be the first to admit I am a total wimp when it comes to pain, 1 of my kids I did completely natural because she came to fast and they wouldn't get the  anesthesiologist out of surgery.

sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• My first 4 were in the hospital with meds. I hated it. My last was at home with no meds, MUCH better! I have many reasons. I like being in control of my labor and my body. I love knowing that my children won't be born with meds in their systems. I love the process of birth and being active in it. I do not like being tied down to a hosptial bed because I have a big needle in my back. I hate the way meds make me feel. I like how the pain makes me feel like I'm part of my birth. Drugs are no longer an option for me.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 7:57 PM on Jan. 11, 2009