Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoption questionn

My husband and I just got married earlier this month and we both want him to adopt my daughter (her bio father has never been involved so no issue there) but we don't know how to go abut doing that. Do any of you know where we need to go to do this?

Answer Question

Asked by waterlily118 at 6:38 PM on Dec. 20, 2011 in Adoption

Level 17 (3,239 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • Get a family lawyer. They can handle the process. Most states, if the bio dad has had no contact and paid no child support for 5 years, then its pretty easy to have the step father adopt your child. Good luck!

    Answer by mlmkjw at 6:41 PM on Dec. 20, 2011

  • I would at least consult a AAAA adoption atty about this. Most atty's can do adoptions but, don't know all the law involved. good luck

    Answer by lilsweetpea708 at 7:58 AM on Dec. 22, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.