Open/Community Circles (For those of Pagan Beliefs)

I do not belong to a coven, mainly because there are not any close to my home (at least not that I know of). There are a few covens a few towns away that occasionally do open/community circles. They are free and open to the public. I was thinking about attending one but I was curious whether anyone else has attended them and what their experiences were with them.

Thank you ladies.
Blessed be.

anetrnlov

Asked by anetrnlov at 4:53 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm Christian but used to actually regularly go to the open circle in our small town. I loved it! at the time I was in between religions. It was an awesome experience and I highly recommend trying out at least once to see if you like it!
    Anonymous

• I have not attended any but have heard they are nice from those who have.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 4:57 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I think it depends on the people. I have had good experiences and bad ones. You have to mesh right for it to work.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 5:02 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I have attended some and have been welcome. You may even find someone to study with at one of the open circles. I don't belong to a coven but I do belong to a group that does a lot of open/public rituals. We get together for classes that is welcome to anyone as long as they are not judgemental. We have all walks of life in our group discussions. Wiccians, Pagans, Atheist, Catholics, Uninterians, I could go on. But anyway yea, go to those open rits, you will meet some neat folks.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Thanks ladies. I think I am going to go....can't hurt.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 5:32 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I have attended several open circles.The one's I attended followed a general Wiccan-ish pattern for the ceremony. Beyond that the energy of them has all been very different and tied to the energy of the regular attendees. Not all of the circles were the best fit for me. One was actually a drag and continuing going would have brought me to a deep depression. Just as with any religious group, some will not be a good fit. It's more than worth the experience. I learned what I was looking for in a group and the type of energy that's the best fit for me. Eventually I found a circle that was "just right" for me and I was "just right" for them as well.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 6:39 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Go with an Open Mind...and Open Heart...but a Closed Crown Chakra. (There can be some weird energies at Open Circles...since anyone can attend.)

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• A closed what???
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 12:09 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• ROFL MamaK88!! I would have to heartily second that answer!

We have gone to quite a few open sabbats over the years, as well as Pagan UU gatherings, day festivals like Pagan Pride Day and camping fests. They all have their good points and we've enjoyed almost every one of them, but some just suit us better than others. Not all covens work the same way or have the same energy. And they definitely attract different types of people. Some might be a good fit for you while others definitely won't be. I would suggest you go check them out though. You'll never know if it will suit you unless you try!
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 1:58 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• "Go with an Open Mind...and Open Heart...but a Closed Crown Chakra. "

OMGds...I LOVE THIS!!!!
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 1:48 PM on Jan. 16, 2009