What can help my baby with itching from eczema.

My daughter is only 6 months old and i dont know what to use to help her. The doc says use eurcin cream. but she just cryies when i apply it.

Tweetybird5595

Asked by Tweetybird5595 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son hated the eucerin too, and he had an allergy to it. I use the Aveeno lotion for babies and I also use the Aveeno Baby-Soothing Relief Creamy Wash. It is really thick and creamy. It has dramatically helped my son as well as my sisters son. It is a little more expensive but it helps him so much.
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 5:00 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Before I started using it my son would dig and dig and he was so miserable, and it only took a couple of days and he was soooo much better. I hope it helps with your daughter!!!
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 5:01 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Aveeno bath works good I also have to use prescription hydrocortozone on my daughter.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:48 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• My dermatologist told me when my DD was a baby to give her a bath in tepid water with oatmeal. You wrap 1 cup of plain ol quaker rolled oats in a cheesecloth and put it under the faucet. After the bath, apply nutraderm lotion without using a towel to dry her, let her air dry. That helped my baby with the itching pretty well.

shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 7:03 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• i was going to say aveeno my three year old has it horrible!
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 9:48 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• My daughter hates all eczema cream. We use petrolium jelly lotion. She loves it. Its very soothing and keeps her skin moisturized. Good luck :)
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• my son has eczema and hydrocortisone cream helps, also the Aveeno hasnt really helped him, but we do lather him up with the eucerin, but you said your daughter doesnt like that one. but yeah the hytdrocortisone helped clear him up really fast
    calvinsmommy18

Answer by calvinsmommy18 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Thank you guys a lot the answers were very helpful. i did get the aveene stuff and iy seems to help so ty.
    Tweetybird5595

Answer by Tweetybird5595 at 8:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2009