Is it just me or do you see christianity being watered down by some?

I have noticed on here that some people claim to be christian but they want to write their script on what it is. Have you notice that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• In this country Christianity is way way watered down. People want to take away from everything it was meant to be, and make it into something totally unbiblical, and make God to be the fool in it. I would like to see some of the people who call themselves Christians here go into a place where Christianity is illegal, and very punishable and see how they would react then. I was invited to go to Asia several years ago to help pass out Bibles (very illegal, and Americans are tortured for it when caught). I jumped on the idea. I still want to go. Money is my issue. But I would be more than happy to get that opportunity. If we would stop watering down who God is, and how He expects to be treated we would be so much better off.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• there are numerous versions of Christians just look at all the denominations of churches that are "Christian" but believe different things.

the definition of Christian is to have accept that Jesus Christ died to forgive the sins of man.
    Anonymous

• YES!!!!
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 5:02 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Actually, this question is geared toward Christians.
    Anonymous

• No more so than any other "religion" wants to on here. Cuts both ways as far as I've seen.
    Anonymous

• So if I post anonymously can I answer?
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 5:06 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Everyone has their opinion on what it is and there's nothing anyone can really do about it besides know where YOU stand on it. I think it's best that we worry about ourselves than others. It's a lot less stressful that way.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 5:06 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Honestly, I think it is the opposite. I see "religions" dictate what Christianity is. No fish at this time, no coke products, no women wearing pants, etc. Once you take the "religion" out of Christianity then you back to the basics in what God intended and not what people dictated.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Yep, I agree. It's happening everywhere due in part by having "political correctness" forced on everyone as well as the idea of every kind of "tolerance" being forced. However, I do believe that Christians as a whole can be "intolerant" of things that are going on in the world that go against God's Word, while at the same time showing the love of Christ. Jesus came against sin very sternly and with great authority. He never watered down or sugar coated the truth. However, He showed great love and compassion to the sinner, never judging, belittling or embarrassing them in the process. I believe there is a big difference between watering down Christianity and loving people into the Kingdom. We need to do more of the latter.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 5:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• i t hink what the OP is saying is that she feels some self-proclaimed christians tend to adjust things to fit their individual needs/beliefs. however, that is probably true with any religion. who's to say what the exact rules are? people/christians can't even agree 100% on what the scriptures say/mean..so yeah, in a way, i can see her point. again, its probably not just the christian religion, whose followers do this. people are different; some are extreme, some are not, some are stuck in the middle.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 5:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2009