This is TMI but I had mastitis and it finally drained out but...

the hole (actually two holes) will not heal! It's been 3 months atleast and they just stay open and drain or bleed some. Does anyone know why it's doing this?
I've done talked to two different doctors and they just keep telling me to compress it and it should be gone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Health

• Have they packed them? And have you been on antibiotics? Sounds like you need a doctor that is more aggressive in your treatment.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• No, they wouldn't give me antibiotics and I talked to the hospital and a doctor from the clinic.
    They said since it was draining I didn't need them but it looks like the holes just rotted!
    Anonymous

• I would seek more aggressive treatment. A "rotted" look could be MRSA. Sometimes you have to be your own best advocate. Go to an ER if you have to.

Anonymous

• OP here. I just looked up MRSA and the picture in this link is exactly what it looks like.
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/mrsa/DS00735/DSECTION=symptoms
    Anonymous

• I worked at a clinic that treated MRSA DAILY! So, I know from experience that you need to be on abx. and you need wound care treatment..It is VERY serious!
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 10:54 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Anonymous

• does it have a fowl odor. if so go to a different hospital and doc than you previously went to. I also agree that it needs to be packed and you need antibiotics.
    Anonymous