what happens if someone steps on your stomach while pregnant

Im 16 weeks pregnant and today while naping on the couch with dd she woke up and likes to step on the top of the couch she tried to get up there by standing on my stomach. i had my hand on my stomach and was asleep she did step down a bit for me to feel it and jump up. do you think its bad i never had my kids step on my stomach while pregnant. i do have a little pains in the lower stomach. my daughter is 2 and weights almost 30 pounds.

NAVA_MAMA

Asked by NAVA_MAMA at 5:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think youll be fine, your not very far along
    xxprittykittyxx

Answer by xxprittykittyxx at 5:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• doesnt matter how far along you are.. 30pounds is and can be a lot. you probably are ok, but i would still call your OB. its better to be safe than sorry.
    have a little talk to your DD. That she needs to be careful with mommy now because she has a new baby in the belly. she should understand that.

:) good luck
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:34 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• The baby in your uterus has a lot of cush around it.I don't think it will be a problem. But just in case you could call the doctor and git their advise

Answer by louise2 at 5:36 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• my 23 lb 11 month old always steps on my tummy, im his human jungle gym. im due on the 8th of Feb. im fine and so is my baby but im not saying to let her step all over you. do take care of yourself.
    lydiamama

Answer by lydiamama at 5:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• by the way... do you sleep on ur belly? i think thats a lot more weight on ur belly than ur daughter. but i know only some women feel comfortable enough to do it
    lydiamama

Answer by lydiamama at 5:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• you should be fine my mothers dog has this need to lay on my stomach when ever i go over there and i asked my doctor if it would hurt the baby and she said not at all he just does it cause he can hear the heart beat only thing is after a while it could feel not good for me
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 8:22 PM on Jan. 11, 2009