Did you act crazy (the angry, bad kind) when you were pregnant?

My best friend got pregnant and started to change. Being pregnant myself I understand the changes your body goes through. But she started getting angry, and frusterated- called me names, and accused me of things I would never do.

We began fighting more and soon we just seperated ourselves from eachother. She had her baby about a month ago, should I try to rekindle the friendship? Could it just have been pregnancy hormones? Since she hasnt contacted me should I just move on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am ashamed to admit that I got into a horrible fight with my friend when I was pregnant. I snapped at her and told her to mind her own business over something stupid. We didn't talk and a few months after that I moved back to my hometown to have my son. When I moved back I saw her again. I wanted to apologize so badly but didn't know how to go about it. We would see each other in town and we would wave but we never really talked again. To this day, I wish that I would have apologized. Maybe if you see her out and about go up and talk to her. Give her the opportunity to say she is sorry and mend things from there.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:53 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I wasnt in a rage when I was pregnant, but I do remember having less patience. You should try to talk to her again and see if she is still the same
    xxprittykittyxx

Answer by xxprittykittyxx at 5:41 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Thats up to you. I never got that way. My daughter did though and is though. I even got mad at her fiance lmao. Last time she was so insane and this time she is the same way. I said why did you have to get her pregnant again you know she goes insane. Of course at that point my dd laughed. but yea some women do get that way I dont know why.

Answer by gemgem at 5:42 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I was happy as a clam when pregnant... but small things did aggravate me slightly more.
    My best friend had an abortion when she had gotten pregnant, I could never imagine aborting my son. That difference tore our ten year friendship apart. After I had my son, she contacted me for the first time by e-mail to tell me congratulations and that she hoped he was everything I ever wanted. We e-mailed back and forth cautiously a few times... and then on Christmas when my son was eight months old, she came by my home with presents. It was the first time we had seen each other since the fight.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 5:52 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• IDK-I don't think there is any reason to be that way because your body is going through changes! I think a lot of women use pregnancy or there period as an excuse to be a bitch!! People need to learn self-control.

I have said things to people out of anger and people have done the same to me, but I have apologized in a timely manner and so have they!

I guess its up to you if you choose to be friends with somebody like that, but I personally would move on! Its been quite a while and I guess I would just find new friends who treated me well. Its hard to find GOOD friend:) Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Being pregnant is not an excuse to rage out and act like a lunatic. I still have to go to work and function like a normal person, pregnant or not, and I still have to see people. On bad days, I just don't call my friends or hang out with them, simple. It may be a maturity thing, as your friend probably couldn't identify when she was in a bad mood and should be alone. You may want to rekindle the friendship, but ask yourself what she adds to your life and whether she has always been somewhat moody.
    Anonymous