• In the Spotlight:

How much does a personal trainer usually cost?

I've had a membership to a gym since February and I've only lost 6 pounds since I started... I'm stuck now cause I'm not losing anymore weight and I'm working out 3 to 5 days a week! I wanted to see about getting a trainer and they won't give you a price. I kind of got the run around because they say, "well, tell me how much you could afford and we can work something out.' I mean, I don't want to get taken advantage of and I don't want to over pay but I don't want to cut someone short either.

msp12r

Asked by msp12r at 11:35 AM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• It depends on what their certifications are and if they are independently contracted or paid through the gym. Some may start as low as 10-15 an hour and go up to...well, anything. Mine was $45 an hour, but well worth it. What do you think you can afford? Start low and see what they say. Never hurts!
    Anonymous

• I had a personal trainer through my gym and it was $352 for 8 sessions. It was totally worth it though.
    BonnaVore

Answer by BonnaVore at 5:25 PM on Jul. 24, 2008