How many kids is too many?

I was just wondering when you see parents walking around or something, how many kids to have is too many? I have four kids right now, and kind of want another one but I got so much crap with the last 2 that i don't know.

Momof4Girls30

Asked by Momof4Girls30 at 5:57 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• how much is too much? well I have 5, would of had 8 if I didn't miscarry. And each child is a joy. I can't tell you how many children to have, and no one should. you'll know when your done.
    By the way I'm an at home mom, my husband and I own our own business and the gov't is not taking care of my children AND I am not assuming the gov't is taking care of yours either :)
    teachermomof5

Answer by teachermomof5 at 9:51 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• As many as the mom and dad want & can handle. Its none of my business. I have 5 kids and tell people that all the time. I say "You pay my rent? Pay for groceries? Back to school clothes? No? Then get out of my life".

Answer by gemgem at 5:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• that is up to you. I think as long as you are raising your kids not asking your other children to do it and you can afford it who is anyone else to tell you how many children you should have.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 5:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I would say too many is a different number for everyone. Too many is when you can't afford and provide for them. If you can supply all their needs, emotionally and physically then have as many as you would like and don't worry about what everyone else says.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 6:01 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• when you're complete you will know
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 6:01 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I feel having more children than you can comfortably afford is too many. We have two now and are planning on two more maybe three. Any more than that would make finances too tight.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 6:02 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• you can have as many kids as you can afford.

i really hate those 24yr old mothers of 5-6 kids who dont have a job, cant pay the bills. every child is from a different guy.

we wouldnt be able to afford a 2nd baby right now and probably not for the next couple years. so we use birth control.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:02 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I don't care how many children people have. I think BIG familys are great and I wish I could AFFORD to have more children.
    The only people who bother me are the couples who have like 5 kids and their living off of the gov't. I don't appreciate paying for other peoples children when I myself can't afford to have more:)
    Anonymous

• I have 5 and that's all I can afford. If money wasn't an object, I'd probably have 10 instead. If you and your hubby want them, can afford them and can handle it, have as many as you want to.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 6:07 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I say as many as the PARENTS are able to properly afford and nurture without the older ones having to buddy up with the younger ones and raise them. If the parents aren't able to give a fair amount of time to each one and they have to keep a schedule of who's turn is it to spend with mom and dad, it's too many. But, live and let live!
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 6:12 PM on Jan. 11, 2009