When the US elects it's first All Black President, won't they deserve all the historical attention Obama is getting?

Someone somewhere in future history is being robbed today, while Obama receives all the attention of "The first Black President". Really, he is not. He, IMO, is doing a disservice to his own race, by taking this claim when technically it's not true.

akinbottom2

Asked by akinbottom2 at 6:08 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree 100% with the OP. This is an insult to a furture black president that should carry this title as the 1st. But, this will just give a reason for future cries of the black man not getting his just due. And, that is just what it will be. And, Obama is not the first BIRACIAL President. Abraham Lincoln was. I know if I were the family of a future black president I would be highly insulted that this has happened. He should have been proud to say he is the first bi-racial president. Guess he is not that proud of his White and Muslim ancestry. What a shame.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 8:41 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• hes the first half black president :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 6:09 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Good luck with this question!!! You have just opened a HUGE can of worms.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 6:09 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• In America's standards, he is. I know to what you are referring - that he's bi-racial, but the media and everyone else seems to be forgetting that, thus dubbing him the first black President to be elected.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 6:09 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Most things with him are technically not true. It depends on what his definition of true is that day.
    Anonymous

• Nah he/she will still get the thunder. Clinton was the first black president.

Answer by gemgem at 6:10 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• If I were black, I almost think I would be angry. I would want the person elected with both black parents to get this title.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 6:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I think everyone is hyped because no one has ever been any kind of black as president before. They KNOW he's biracial but it's just exciting to them because everyone else has been white completely.
    Anonymous

• Yeah because we need more labels and critzism at a time like this. Good Job there slick.

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 6:17 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I think it makes about as much sense as that woman/ living as a man getting all the attention for being a pregnant man when that's not true either. Oh well, a hundred years from now, no one will care! Like I always say... live and let live!

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 6:17 PM on Jan. 11, 2009