Did your baby do this?

My son reaches for ANYTHING and everything we are eating and drinking and gets mad is we don't give it to him. lol. It's cute but a little invading when he's trying to steal my food and drink. He will try to grab it out of my hands so he can eat it. Also, today my DH was feeding him baby food and he was so absorbed in to watching me eat my bacon, egg and cheese sandwich he wouldn't even eat HIS food. lol. I think he knows he's missing out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• lol Babies are fascinated by their big providers :) I think it isnt' as much about them wanting the food as it is about them imitating or having interest in what you are doing. It also depends on the age though. My (almost) 9 month old has gotten food that his big brother snuck him... Occasionally I can tell he is interested in our food. But mostly as long as he is fed he isn't too distracted by it. Sounds normal :) Eat it up too because after a while they aren't all as prone to following your lead :-D

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 6:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Yes, my son's 7 months he does that too! Grab's the cub when drinking, food out of our hands..or he just dive bomb's the food, and goes for it with his mouth like a baby bird lol. I'm thinking it's because we've let him taste a french fry and veggies off our plates.
    Anonymous

• oh, our daughter did and still does that sometimes ;)

everything what does "big people" do is sooooo fascinating and interesting. i made my hubby some bacon the other morning for breakfast. our DD did not want to eat her breakfast. she looked at daddy how he was eating his bacon and she wanted to have that bacon. i just gave some of it to her, it made her happy and then she ate hers.

its really cute. not much you can do about it.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• How old is he? Start letting him have some! We started table foods at 6 months...with the pediatrician's "blessing".
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• 6 months. :)
    Anonymous

• i let my 2 sons try food off my plate when he was 4.5 months little things like mashed pota. french fries soft stuff and the did well and are very healthy and they didnt have a problem with eating it they are 10 months and 3.5 yrs now depends on the child if they are ready or not but youll know the signs that they are ready for food or baby food in that matter and it sounds like your baby might be ready for some
    mommyof3at19

Answer by mommyof3at19 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 11, 2009