I know this may be a silly question but has anyone ever just wanted their mommys while pregnant?

Im 31 weeks pregnant and for some reasson i want my "mommy" all the time like i will cry if i go a day without talking to her. And i asked a friend who is also pregnant if she ever got this way and she said yes she would want to be around her grandma all the time. I feel like a big baby has anyone ever felt this way while pregnant? And if so do you know why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• LOL yes i did the same thing also with both of my pregnancy i would call her 50 million times a day or go over to her house or ask her to come over.I too felt like a baby for it but i asked my OB and he said alot of women do this or ask about it.He says it may be the hormones but theres really no reasson why you feel like that it just happens.
    GraciesMom52407

Answer by GraciesMom52407 at 11:46 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I called my mom every other day with my second pregnancy. With my first I still lived at home, so I was there with her. Our mothers, grandmothers, whatever, provide a source of comfort when we are little, and pregnancy is a huge change and you want that comfort. You want to feel safe like you did when you were little. That what I think anyway. My sisters and I all call Mommy when we are sick too. I am 22, my sisters are 25 and 29, so we are still young, but old enough to not really need Mommy anymore, but we still love the comfort that she gives.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:47 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Yes, especially when with my first baby....

I think it's hormones, and we just get overwhelmed by the fact in a few more weeks this baby will be born and we will have to take care of it forever....It's enough to make anyone to want their mommy, after all it's a big change, and you know what OUR MOMs were always there for us for those big change moments before, so why not now!

She was there when we were born, She was there when we learn to walk, and eat, she was there when we went to school the first time, etc. (ALL big life changing moments)

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 11:49 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I did! and it was very hard for me because my mom was on drugs for my first two pregancys and I mad the choice not to see her. She has been clean for 2 years now and she got to be in the room with me for my last child. It wasnt all I thought it would be lol but its ok.
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I don't even remember my dh being in the room when my first was born. I was litterally crying for my mommy!!!
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 12:31 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• It was important for me to have contact with my mom all of the time. She even called me after every doctor appointment. She came to my only ultrasound and was there for my labor. She actually took me to the birthing center because my SO was working. :) It definately was a huge comfort for me.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 3:01 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Hey, i am also 31weeks pregnant and me and my boyfriend are currently livin in the basment at her house. And even though i live with her...ya i want my "mommy" alll the time! I can't explan it so i don't kno why we all want are moms. I think its more just a comferting thing..she went through pregnancy obviously so she knos stuff, and its our moms come on! lol we need um!
    kylie_2008

Answer by kylie_2008 at 4:53 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Personally, I think I was trying to suck up all of her "mommy wisdom"! I was terrified that I was going to be one, so I nagged her constantly about how she did things with me and my brother. Overall though, I was really more attached to my husband, cried when he went to work, didn't want him anywhere but with me..etc. lol Drove him nuts :) Good luck@
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 7:56 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Honestly, NOPE. In fact she was the LAST person I wanted or needed around.
    Anonymous