OMG Please help! Gum in my washing machine!!!

DH left a pack of gum in his pants when I washed them. Luckily its not stuck to the clothes, but its ALL OVER my washer. How do I get it off!? I have to get it off before we leave town tonight. Please help! Thanks.

momdays

Asked by momdays at 1:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2011 in Home & Garden

• You should be able to take a lysol wipe and just wipe it out. It might take a little scraping but shouldn't be too bad. Now, if it's in unreachable places of your washing machine I don't really know what to tell you! Try running an empty load with a machine cleaning tablet/solution. I know Tide makes them.
    Anonymous

• Easiest way to get gum off anything is to freeze it and scrape it. Is it stringy and stretched out all over or just little globs of it? If it's globs you could use ice on it then scrape. For strings you'll have to use something like mineral spirits - you can find it at any hardware or art supply store.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:13 PM on Dec. 21, 2011