Non-Christians - Christian songs?

Are there any Christian songs you like?

pwfaith

Asked by pwfaith at 11:45 AM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• While I'm not sure you'd call it a Christian song, I can't listen to Carrie Underwood sing "Jesus, Take the Wheel" without tearing up. Believer or not, we've all felt that way.
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 12:07 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I LOVE I'll Fly Away"- the newer version :) AND I just listen to Spirit 105.3 - a Christian station here in Seattle- it is great because I don't have to worry about my kiddo listening to the Dj's ya know? BUT I DO also listen to Amy Winehouse and others- I just love music- :)
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 12:18 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• "I don't have to worry about my kiddo listening to the Dj's ya know?"

Totally! I use to listen to rock stations until I had kids. Now I stick to country and Chrisitan for that reason. We have satellite in the car that has kids stations. I LOVE that for when they are in the car with me. We're pretty big on music too.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 12:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I frequent a store that aways plays Christian music (contemporary radio station) and am often there for hours. Some songs I may like, based on the music/arrangement itself, but more often than not I find the songs very repetitive and simplistic, lyrically and technically. I also tend to analyze them from a psychological angle, as that interests me. For example, the "praise type songs" can be very repetitive and trance-like. I've also seen that intended effect at Christian concerts when I was younger. OK, maybe more than you wanted to know LOL I grew up in a house full of music with a musician/music teacher father ...
    Jazzmim

Answer by Jazzmim at 12:31 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Actually no. Not a single one. I am soooo not into christian or country music (that generally has christian undertones)in the slightest.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 12:34 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• "For example, the "praise type songs" can be very repetitive and trance-like. I've also seen that intended effect at Christian concerts when I was younger."

I can see that actually. For me, I think it's because by that point I'm in a real worshipful mode and it just sorta drives it home for me. It's more about meditation, kwim? It helps take you to a deeper meditative state, if that makes sense. :-)
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 1:25 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• No Chrisitan songs, except the Christmas ones. They are just beautiful and put me in a Christmas mood so I will listen to them even if Christian. :-)
    seakla

Answer by seakla at 2:08 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Ohh back in the day Stryper had a few good songs. As did Bride and Holy Soldier. I can listen to anything that's not a hymn. Christmas songs are iffy.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I know this is for non-christians(forgive me!), but I just thought I'd throw out something from the opposite end...I'm a Christian and I don't like most Christian songs! I agree with what others have said, they just don't have a very good sound. What's up with that? Although I do enjoy the messages of some.
    DpaigeP

Answer by DpaigeP at 6:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• lol I think you guys need to broaden your horizons ;) Kutless, Toby Mac, Sanctus Real, Thousand Foot Krutch, Superchic(k), Skillet, Big Daddy Weave, Sonic Flood, Jars of Clay?????
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 8:21 PM on Jul. 17, 2008