For any elementary/highschool teachers out there ONLY

can you tell which students in your class were formula fed and which were breastfed? i'm totally serious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• No.
    Anonymous

• I work with kindergartners in an after school program. I have no idea who was formula fed and who was breastfed. I can tell who went to preschool, I can tell who doesn't get hugged often enough, I can tell who is exposed to adult TV and conversations, but not how they were fed when they were babies.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 6:45 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• i work at headstart and no, i can't tell who was formula fed and who was breastfed, and like samanthaagain said, i can tell who needs hugs, who needs less tv and whose parents need to watch what they say, but not the eating habbits they had as infants
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 6:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• No, but when you meet the parents you can sometimes tell which ones probably breastfed their kids and which ones probably used formula. You can tell which ones watch adult tv programs, listen to adult music, watch adult (not xxx, but R and PG-13 movies), which ones had early learning in the home (or preschool)....basically what SamanthaAgain said. I was also able to tell which ones had friends for parents and who's parents did their homework for them.
    Anonymous

• This is a loaded question. I worked with children in all ages at several schools. No, I could not say which children were breastfed and which children were formula fed. I could observe which children had more resouces and guess which families had more time, due to more resources available to them,
    Anonymous

• cont...but in no way could anyone ever say which children were breastfed vs. formula fed. As part of my job I had to ask if they were formula fed or breastfed and for how long. I can say without a doubt that there were very little differences among the two groups.

Anonymous

• I can't tell which were breastfed, but I can definitely tell which ones have never had a consequence in their lives!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I also know of a woman who formula fed both her infants and both are well adjusted adults and in medical school doing very well. No health issues, no behavior issues, and all around good healthy adults. I'm sure if I were to compare those two now adults to random breastfed children they would fare the same or much better in terms of functioning and turn out.

Anonymous