ughh women.

I was just reading a post by a 17 yr old girl whos scared to tell her mom shes pregnant and someone told her to get an abortion! why are women so rude. You were allowed to have a baby werent you? Why cant she? You think she'll be bad at it? Im 16 and have a 4 month old DD and i love her to death and i do a very good job at taking care of her thank you very much! Sorry ladies just venting but that really makes me mad that some moms act like because there older they know better. && can do better for there kids just because they waited til they were in their 30's to have one.

lovencasper5307

Asked by lovencasper5307 at 6:55 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• While im so glad that i waited til i was outta high school and didnt get pregnant at a horribly young age.... Your right i know alot of older moms who have no idea what they are doing and dont do a good job and have no right to judge someone younger who might do a good job!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 6:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I have always believed age has nothing to do with parenting abilities. Some people are cut out for it and other's aren't.. I know plenty of people at all ages who are great moms and those who should have never been allowed to procreate.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 6:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• i wish i waited until i was 30
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 7:00 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• You are just as judgmental. Sorry but I can't take you seriously.
    Anonymous

• why because im 16?? how am i judgemental i dont care how old you are when you have a kid but i dont think women who waited have the right to judge those of us who didnt?
    lovencasper5307

Answer by lovencasper5307 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• i bet the anon above me is the mom who said that to the 17 year old girl :p (its really not horrible advice, but i would have said adoption... abortion isnt a word you want to put out to the world because it has a LOT of controversy) having a baby is a commitment for life, its really hard
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 7:02 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• oh and aliciatron she wasnt asking what she should do just for advice on how to tell her mom [= not bein mean lol just so people have more background on the original question.
    lovencasper5307

Answer by lovencasper5307 at 7:05 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• While I don't feel age has anything to do with parenting ability, some young mothers are better parents than older ones. I do feel that young parents CANNOT give a child everything that they need. Have they finished school, gone to college, have a place of their own to live, have a car, have a career? Probably not, why bring a child into that constant struggle, adoption is definately a good choice. It takes FAR MORE than love to raise a baby my dear. I was a young Mom myself (19) and it wah a hard road to hoe, I am married now and things are wonderful but it was hard for a long time.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 7:07 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Well everyone has there own opinons why start this its just going to cause problems? You'd be surprised at how many women on Cafemom actually suport younger moms and how many young moms are on here. Abortion is a personal choice and opinion and whether you like it or not a lot of people have them still. But you can't judge people over that and how exactly do you know that the mom that told her to have an abortion was an older mom? I have known plenty of young moms to say the same remarks.
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 7:09 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I was a teen mother and would never tell another teen to get an abortion. In fact i feel all abortion is wrong. That being said I would encourage her to get prenatal care, talk to other teens with babies, look at her financial situation and decide if she wants to keep or give the baby up for adoption. That would be my advice.

Answer by gemgem at 7:10 PM on Jan. 11, 2009