Is there a way make the waist of baby jeans smaller??

My lil girl is skinny for her age but tall [14lbs 26in]... Pants in 3-6 month size are too short but 6-9 fall off... Even streachy pants are lose on her.. I'm not experienced with sewing but is there a way to fix the waist of jeans to fit her??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There are MANY brands of jeans that have an adjustable waist band. Both of my children have them and they have been lifesavers.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 7:01 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I normally shop at Target and Old Navy and have not seen any..Can you name a few brands for me please...
    NicaraRae

Answer by NicaraRae at 7:08 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Maybe they don't make them in that size there because thats where I get my kiddos clothes too. Try GAP or Children's Place too they also have them and maybe in smaller sizes.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 7:12 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I just put a couple of stitches in them. Take a tuck or two on each side and stitch it up, voila smaller waist!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Have you tried belts? That might help.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• maybe try the diaper pins if you are using the thinner strechy pants. they close so it shouldn't poke your young one. I used a piece of ribbon to tighten my son's pants. I tied it on the belt loop close to the button, threaded it through the loops and tied it at the last loop by the button hole pulling it tight(er).
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2009