Is an abortion from a family member more difficult than a non-family member?

I don't want to get hurt.

mejilly

Asked by mejilly at 7:04 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ...what? they feel the same? do you mean emotionally? i dont know its up to your feelings on the matter.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 7:05 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• my sister had found out she was pregnant a few years back ans it was from a guy she didn't want to have a baby with (onenight mistake) and she was barely getting her life back together, and there was no way she could even have a baby...We talked about the options and she decided she wanted to terminate the pregnancy...
    When we went to the clinic and they wanted her to wait 2 more weeks (she would haveto5 weekspregnant) so they can make sure she really was pregnant. And that would mean the "baby" would start the heartbeats. When I found that out I didn't want her to have an abortion and she was sure ofherself and thought this was the right decision...
    Adja70

Answer by Adja70 at 7:10 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• It is sad either way because it is killing a baby. However, if it was someone I knew and loved I would lose all respect for them and never speak to them again. Theyd be dead to me.
    Anonymous

• I don't understand the question but I'll say this.....An abortion is going to hurt no matter who does it. You will have a recovery time to heal physically but your emotions may never heal. I'm prochoice but I don't think that abortion is the answer( I bet that doesn't make sense)..lol
    There are very few reason that I would call "acceptable" for an abortion. I don't know your situation but there ,may be another answer.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 7:14 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• .. the whole "process" was so hard for all of us. The fact that she had to take pills to induce labor and see her in pain,was hard for me to see. After she recovered she was doing better but just seeing my Daughter and other babies, she then had the regret and depression. But she coped.
    Now she is doing better and going to culinary school and when she does decide to have a family, she will beprepared to have a child and providefor him/her.
    Inretrospect, I was heartbroken and ifelt the pain that she went through,but it was the right decision for her.
    Friend or family a pregnancy termination is devastating and life changing. if someone doesn't feel anything then there is something wriong with that person.
    Adja70

Answer by Adja70 at 7:17 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Anonymous 4:12-----
    Shutting the door on somebody who IS troubled and probably will NEED SOMEONE to be there for them, is not only cruel but narrowminded and disheartening. With this topic, I'm pretty sure that there is no way of changing your mind, and I won't attempt to. But if you try to put yourself in their shoes and you HAVE to make that decision, You would want your loved ones to love you and support you.
    A REAL FRIEND IS SOMONE WHO KNOWS EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU AND LOVES YOU ANYWAYS.
    That saying is more or less meaning for unconditional love. If your love is with conditions, then is your love worth loving back?JMO
    Adja70

Answer by Adja70 at 7:22 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• it shouldn't matter too you it is up to the person who has it done everyone has the right to do what they want with there life they may have a reason for what they have done but don't want anyone too know and that is ok
    Anonymous

• A PERSON HAS THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE TO BE A MURDERER, THAT IS THEIR CHOICE.

I HAVE THE CHOICE OF IF I CAN EVER LOOK THEM IN THE FACE AGAIN.
    FRANKLY HOW MANY OF YOU COULD LOOK Jeffrey Dahmer IN THE FACE IF YOU WERE HIS FAMILY?

GOD FORGIVE ME BUT I WOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO BE LOVING OR KIND TO THEM.. ATLEAST I DON'T THINK I COULD. SO NO I GUESS I WOULD TELL THEM I AM SORRY THEY CHOSE THAT... BUT I PROBABLY WOULD NEVER SPEAK TO THEM AGAIN.
    Anonymous

• Wow anon. Abortion is not murder, maybe by your "holier than thou" standards but murder is illegal, abortion isn't so use better terminology. You just sound uneducated and childish.

As for the OP. Abortion is hard no matter who does it. What you can do is offer support, and help, and just be there for that person. Family or friend.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:22 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Anon@8:09- Give me a break, Abortion is NOT murder. Every woman has a right to do whatever they want to their body. I guess by your standards, a woman who is raped by a stranger or family member, shouldnt be allowed to terminate a pregnancy that is inwanted and would remind them of something traumatic. And if I was a friend or family member of yours I would rather you not talk to me in a time like that anyway.
    Anonymous