At what point in the future, does Obama get to claim the recession as his own?

6 months into office, 1 year into office, at the end of his term if it's still here? Never?

akinbottom2

Asked by akinbottom2 at 7:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Never. He will never say it was his fault.

Answer by gemgem at 7:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I'm sure he'll NEVER claim it....it'll ALWAYS be Bush's fault!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:14 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• its not obama's fault, he wasnt in office. some people blame the election or whatever but i wouldnt say it was obama's fault... however if he does nothing about it then i would say about a year or 2, like if it doesnt get any better or gets worse its his fault
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 7:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• What I'm saying is, as President down the road a little bit, when does he get to claim the recession as his responsibility? He'll have to at some point.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 7:17 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• What recession? Didn't you hear, the recessions gonna end on January 20th!!!
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 7:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• He will spend almost a trillion dollars in the first month or two in office. Where do people think that money is coming from>? How is that going to help the economy? It wont. Itll make things worse driving us deeper into recession. Jobs will not be made, they will go away due to increase in small business taxes. Wealthy will simply hide their assets and give less to charity. At some point it WILL be his fault. It is THAT simple. Unfortunately itll be OUR children who pay for HIS mistakes and ours for choosing a president without ANY experience and who thinks spending money will somehow make things better. People complain about Bushes spending however Obama's will be legendary and a disaster and one our children and grandchildren have to repay. But hey who cares? People might get free stuff.
    Anonymous

• my4lads. hehe, thank God cause I hate standing in all these long lines at the grocery store and Sam's. I want to stand in super long lines instead! Those 30 minute waits at Applebees makes me just want the hour wait to return! cute.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 7:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I don't know it's been 8 years of the Bush administration. He and his supporters still blame Bill Clinton for everything. So you tell me.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 7:33 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• LOL.. Let's see, Obama WAS a part of the Congress that had A LOT to do with the last few years of legislatation, policies, and issues. Or, because he voted Present and NOT for change, Does that give him a free pass?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• As soon as Bush and his supporters accept responsibility for anything bad that has happened in his terms.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 7:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2009