I am breastfeeding, and my son's stools are mucousy, is this okay? What could it be caused from?

JenC379

Asked by JenC379 at 11:46 AM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Check your diet and see if you have eaten Chocolate or Tomatoes or anything harsh that might cause it. I breastfeed too, and if I eat something weird her stools will be wacked out too.
    mrstremblay

Answer by mrstremblay at 12:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I breastfeed my son and started noticing his stools turn an awkard green, mucusy color when he was about six weeks old. Come to find out he had an intolerance to dairy. I stopped eating dairy completely (especially milk) and things seemed to clear up. I slowly added a little cheese back in to my diet and he seemed to manage alright. Is your baby in any pain? The dr. said he should grow out of it by the time he's a year old.
    TrinkaK

Answer by TrinkaK at 1:34 PM on Jul. 17, 2008