Have you noticed any of your kids picking up one of your querks (sp?) ?

When my 24 yr. old daughter was home visiting for Christmas, we noticed that she brushes her teeth with her eyes closed just like I do! Have you caught any of your kids doing something funny or querky that you do?

BlessedMommy64

Asked by BlessedMommy64 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think some of those funny behavioral things are genetic. I don't know how, but that's what I think. My 14 month old DD was in the womb when her great grandmother passed away. That kid has some of her mannerisms and the rest of the family doesn't. Where would she have seen that behavior to model it? Freaky to me. The whole family sees and recognizes the gestures as just like the great grandma!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Mine is 17 months old and growls when she is frustrated just like I do. I brush my teeth with my eyes closed too, never thought about it until now how weird.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 7:33 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• My 3 yr old rolls her eyes, when I correct her. I roll my eyes and awful lot when people are talking and I dont wanna here it.
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 7:40 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• my daughter puts her hand on her hip when she is speaking to me firmly about something I do that she doesnt like. Just like I do with her. She is 3 ! One time when I told her to get out of my closet and not to take the clothes off the hanger I said "How many times have I told you.." and she finished with "I know. I said no more spanking please." She was calm and firm and it kinda shocked me and I tried not to laugh because I didnt want her to think she is allowed to correct my behavior if she doesnt like what I do.
    outofpatience

Answer by outofpatience at 8:03 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Yep. My middle child is my mini me. She's so much like me its almost scary. Kind of like watching myself grow up all over again lol.
    My oldest is JUST like her father. I can't count how many times I've had to do a double take when she says or does something. Which is odd since she barely knows him.
    The other day I was on the phone while brushing my hair. Dad said something funny and seeing my face in the mirror made me stop for a minute. I have the same smirk he does. Neither one of us really laughs out loud. We just have this smirk where the left side of our mouth curves up just a bit.
    Anonymous

• lol, i get headahces all the time, and i always put one of those gel ice packs on my head...and the other day my 4yr old wasnt feeling to good due to a cold, and she said her head hurt, and i said awww im sorry babe, anything i can do to help..and she was like nope i know what to do..and she ran in the kitchen opened the freezer and got the ice pack and placed it on her head..it was so cute!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 8:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• not yet but I channel my mom on a daily basis
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2009