breastfeeding and periods...

has anyone not had their period because of breastfeeding and still gotten pregnant? when did you get your period back and was it horrible and painfull when you did? Ive been breastfeeding for 8 months and plan on stopping at 12 months and then want to start trying for the next baby any suggestions or help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I breastfed my son for a year and only had 1 or 2 months of light spotting in that yr. The month after he stopped I had 2 periods, they werent horrible but it was a change from having none.
    The worse part for me was the surge of hormones when my period came back. My dr said you keep the warm fuzzy pregnancy hormones while you nurse but it sure didnt take mine long to leave, i was very emotional for a few months. not sure about the pregnancy part because we only have 1 but I would assume that once you were regular it shouldn't be an issue.
    ZakZaksmom

Answer by ZakZaksmom at 10:10 PM on Jan. 11, 2009