Why do people start caring when you stop?

why is it that people start getting the picture and start caring about you and the things you do AFTER you stop caring? And how do you stop caring to make them see the error of their ways and to give yourself peace of mind? to make this question eve more specific what do you do when it is a younger sibling that is not caring about anything?

quita1991

Asked by quita1991 at 10:43 PM on Dec. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• I think you need to rephase this question.
    Anonymous

• Well, because people take others for granted... They think you will always be there... Your not going anywhere.... So they tend to relax and not care so much about the relationship.... When they see that you just don't care anymore, you al of a sudden become careless, they become out of there element, all of a suden there not standing on solid ground... They don't know what your next step will be and that worried them..... Good Luck :)
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 11:14 PM on Dec. 21, 2011

• just like why is it that people want to be around you or talk to you after you get tired of trying to have a relationship with them or be around them basically they care about things regarding you when you stop caring about things regarding them.
    quita1991

Comment by quita1991 (original poster) at 11:14 PM on Dec. 21, 2011

• Because you stopped giving them attention....
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 11:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2011

• They don't want you, but they still want to know that they are still wanted....
    Helen2004

• It's because people will take you for granted, will act like you will care about them even if they don't act like they do for you. It's because they are very rude and inconsiderate. So when you stop all of a sudden they notice "Hey... I'm not getting attention anymore! So they all of a sudden realize wow I'm going to loose them for good period! So it gets their attention to wake up! Hope this helps. :) Good luck with everything I truly do wish the best for you in your current situation.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 12:03 AM on Dec. 22, 2011

• Because they take you for granted and then once you stop giving them any sort of attention they wake up and say "Wow I'm not getting attention anymore." So they start to act like they care because they don't want to loose you for good, others play it on as a game even if they don't notice themselves doing it. I hope everything is okay, and works out for you in this current situation. :) This happen to me with my cousin, I finally stopped commenting on her pictures, I stopped calling her, emailing her for about a week or 2, then one day boom she started doing all of it for me. It was actually kind of nice lol but I wondered too why she ignored me and then when I ignored her she came to me. It downed on me that's why lol! Attention! Haha.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 12:07 AM on Dec. 22, 2011

• it's a manipulation tactic - a test to see how much they can yank you around like a yoyo.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2011

• Great question, I have noticed that too in my life, esp with my ex. When I got to the point of not caring anymore, he would start caring. Then we would try to work it out and he would stop caring again, it was a stupid cycle and the best thing I ever did was to get out of it.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 6:12 PM on Dec. 22, 2011