How to get rid of ingrown hairs?

In the winter time I normally do not shave! I know it is nasty it is my winter coat! I went to shave for a special night and have alot of in grown hairs How do you get rid of yours?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• One of my degrees is electrology so I have special tweezers I use to dig out the little hairs, but the best thing you can do is exfoliate and put on lotion regularly so that your pores don't get clogged with the dry skin cells...a lot of time that is what causes ingrowns to begin with. My SO doesn't listen to me when I tell him this, and he gets ingrowns on his face all the time. You can also buy a product called "Tend Skin" which you wipe on with a cotton ball and it helps a little...but its a little pricey compared to what you can do cheap at home.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• If you are talking about your bikini line what I do is exfoliate daily, use lotion everytime you shave, and I also use a product everyday called "Bikini Zone" I also don't shave every day and when I do I shave twice, I go over it once in the direction of the hair growth and then I go over it again and go against the grain
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 9:38 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Exfoliating works best for me. I don't buy anything special, just what ever I have for my face.
    wilbursdaughter

Answer by wilbursdaughter at 3:15 PM on Jan. 12, 2009