Who thinks that the USA is indeed the greatest country in the world?

I'm all for the USA, but the way things are right now I would have to disagree with the many people who proudly proclaim the USA is the best. Having lived in Europe, I have found that their economies are in much better shape than ours, they are healthier than Americans, they don't have as many problems with teenage pregnancies and drug addicts and binge drinking. Typically they don't get married til their 30's and have children later than that. They are alot less wasteful of anything. I think that if we as a society were to look to the European countries as an example, we would be much better off. Anyone agree or disagree?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Travel

• I have lived abroad for the greater part of my life, and I am glad I am an American. We got a lot wrong with us, yea. But we have the freedom to choose our lives. Our birth practice and general philosopy of me first here in this society i think is the biggest contibuter of the woes we face.
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 10:48 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Not me.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• We have our problems, but I will ALWAYS be proud to claim the USA as my country!
    prettylob1

Answer by prettylob1 at 8:50 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• European countries are dealing with problems on a much smaller scale... not to mention they have a lot of positives, at the cost of a lot of freedoms. I love this country and I'm blessed to have been born and raised in a place where I can be exactly who I want to be!

However, if I were to chose another country, Europe wouldn't be the choice. I would choose New Zealand, Australia or Canada...
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 4:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• We Rock. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 5:49 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My husband is from England, he's been in the USA for the past 10 years... He said he never plans to go back unless it's just to visit family....
    Anonymous