Can't put my baby down.

My son is 10 weeks old and I can't put him down. I've probaby done this to myself, but now how do I get out of it? He doesn't like his swing, the bouncy chair, and will only lay on his mat for a few minutes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some babies are like this. My daughter was the same way at that time. My daughter is now 6 months old and it took some time for her to want to be somewhere other than just carried by me. You aren't spoiling him by carrying him a lot as you can't spoil any baby that's so young. What got my daughter to go into her infant rocker was just out of sheer frustration and bringing her into each room with her infant rocker. That was the only way that I could take a shower or clean up in the kitchen. She's now more independent, but she still prefers more time being held than on her own. I'm sure that she will be very independent once she starts walking.
    wannabskinym

Answer by wannabskinym at 1:47 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Try putting him in something and sit by him and rub his hand or belly. Get him used to that first, then try to walk away from him after a few days of sitting right by him. Even if he cries just sit there by him.
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 11:58 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Totally agree with MomyMe103.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 12:26 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I found it was best for me to put my son in a Boppy. It was close and comforting for him, sort of like being held. I don't know if it will work with your baby. You really cannot spoil a baby so young by holding. However, I do know that it is nice to have time to get things done for yourself too.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 3:33 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I was the same way with my son. Try bringing him near to where you are (if you're in the kitchen, put a blanket on the floor near you but not right next to you) and let him play!
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:13 AM on Jul. 18, 2008