Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cesarean vs Vaginal Birth

Tomorrow (based on the outcomes of a few tests) My Dr and I will decide whether or not to induce. He said that because I show no signs of labor (effacement/dilation) my risk of cesarean would increase to 50%. I want to know if anyone has had both and how they compare.


Asked by Christina2135 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 7 (166 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • I had a c-section w/ my son, and didn't think it was bad at all. Yes you are sore, don't get me wrong, but its not as bad as you would think. The best thing to do is get up and move as soon as you can. Don't want to over do it of course, but can't baby yourself either. I went thru 16 hours of labor which was awful and had a c-section. That was enough for me. I am planning on have another section w/ this baby too!

    Answer by Tiffany237 at 8:22 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

  • I was induced and ended up with a c-section. I will do anything in my power to avoid having another one. I'm really hoping to have a successful VBAC this time around.

    I know a lot of women have wonderful c-section experiences, and more power to them, but mine was just awful.

    If I were you, knowing what I know now, I would wait a bit longer and see if you start to labor on your own.

    Whatever happens good luck and congrats!

    Answer by Xynyth at 8:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

  • I was induced and didn't have a c-section BUT I wouldn't wish an induction on my worst enemy. Your body is obviously not ready, so I recommend waiting. It really is safer on both you and the baby. While c/s are not the end of the world, they do carry huge risks to you and the baby. You aren't overdue until after 42 weeks, is there a medical reason to induce?

    Answer by celticreverie at 8:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

  • I had an induction and it was great i had no problems and gave birth vagionally i also had the same problem i hadnt made any progress and wasnt having any contractions at all and i would do it again it

    Answer by aubrees_mommie at 8:24 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

  • When going through an induction, you always have a 50% chance of having a cesarean. If I was in your position, I would go with the induction before the cesarean, if your body or baby does not tolerate the induction, then the cesarean is necessary. But there are benefits of labor to your child.

    Answer by MonroeLoves82 at 8:32 PM on Jan. 11, 2009