Am I in labor?

I'm 40 weeks and 1 day pregnant. I have been experiencing menstrual like cramps since early this morning, and lower back pain. I just want to know if I'm finally going to be going into labor.

mommy11109

Asked by mommy11109 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's possible you are just dilating or in the early stages of labor. Go out and take a walk, warm shower, etc. See if you can get some contractions going. When or if you do, make sure you time them. If they are consistent and are 7 min apart then go in.
    Anonymous

• when u start getting contractions go here they time them for u. http://www.contractionmaster.com/
    Zoeybug

Answer by Zoeybug at 8:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• It could be the early stages of labor. Kudos for not letting them induce you yet! Most women feel like 40 weeks means you are now overdue when in fact you aren't overdue until after 42! So good job momma.

Also go walk and try and get rest, this could go on a couple of days before you are in active labor!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:17 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• The above poster is correct. Do some walking, time the pains. My doctor said to call when they consistant and are 10 minutes apart.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• upper right han corner, time contractions
    Zoeybug

Answer by Zoeybug at 8:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Time them for a bit. When I first started having contractions I was ofcourse cleaning like a crazy freak. I was literally washing walls. Nesting. Ha ha. I thought that I had gas pains. So I just kept on cleaning and then I finally told my husband that I think that I might be going into labor or either that I had some major gas that needed to come out. Ha ha. So we timed them and then called the hospital. If you call the hospital you can just ask to speak to a nurse. Tell the nurse your symptoms. Its always better to be safe then sorry. Go in and have them check you out to see if you are dialating or in labor. Your contractions don't have to be that painful for them to be contractions. Plus you don't know how fast you will go or dialate. Be safe and go in and have them check you out. Good luck and congrats!
    leekim2004

Answer by leekim2004 at 8:36 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Signs of labor - I got this from my lamaze teacher with my first, hope it helps http://proverbs-women.com/signsoflabor.html

DebateandRelate

Answer by DebateandRelate at 8:38 PM on Jan. 11, 2009