How do you get candle wax out of a couch?

my son accidentally knocked over a candle and it fell down on my couch, i got most of it off by scratching it off,but the rest i just cant seem to get out, i know its a long shot but can someone please help if they have any ideas! im willing to try anything!

2momsandsuave

Asked by 2momsandsuave at 8:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Home & Garden

• put a pan on the stove for a couple minutes, NOT TOO HOT, don't wanna burn the couch, set it on the wax for a couple seconds, pick it up and apply a paper towel. should come right up. thats what I did. worked for me. Also depends on the fabric of your couch too i suppose
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 8:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• You could use the above method but with an iron too. Put a thin towel over the wax and then apply the iron for a few seconds and keep repeating until it peels up.

EiEiO

Answer by EiEiO at 8:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• i've heard putting a brown paper bag over the wax area and then using and iron over the brown paper bag. I've never done it on a couch though, but it does work on carpet.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 8:57 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Lay a tissue over the wax and with an iron on the lowest setting go over the tissue until the wax transfers from the couch to the tissue. I had to do this on carpet. It worked!
    JCREW-MOM

Answer by JCREW-MOM at 11:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2009