baby shower help......

This is my first child and first pregnancy.. I want to have a baby shower but I dont have that many female friends and I never been invited to a baby shower so I don't know they go and what type of things you do at them plus and dont have any one to give it for me... Sad huh??? Any ways my lil sister say that she was going to throw it for me but me and her recently had a fall out and we haven't talked for atleast a month so I'm thinking she's like what the hell with me and my baby shower. I want to just give it for myself because this is so much stress and I really don't need stress right now.. Okay to the question part umm what do i do to have a sucessful baby shower?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm sorry. I've been worrying about that too. I don't have any family around here and some of my friends are moving (military). Its sad. What can you do? Just play lots of games, look some up on the net, and remember to have some good food and drinks.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 8:21 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I had mine at a pizza place invited friends and family had a cake some balloons and we all talked about my becoming a mommy you could do that or have games either way it'll be fun ohh yea had gifts too
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 8:21 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• You could throw a "dinner party" baby shower with both men and women. There are some fun games that both genders could play such as everyone brings a baby pic of themselves and everyone has to guess which baby picture goes with each guest. It doesn't have to be a traditional shower since you don't have that many female friends. It could be more of a celebration with the people that are closest to you. (these are more pleasurable for everyone anyway!) Good luck and congrats on your baby!
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 8:22 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• One more thing! You could have your guests write down their best wishes and best parenting advice in a little journal for you to keep. It's funny how different men and women's advice can be.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 8:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Who should plan the Baby Shower?
    Basically anyone but the expectant mother. Traditionally, a friend (not a family member) plans the baby shower. However, more and more often, family members are planning and hosting baby showers for the expectant mother. Often, several women will co-plan and co-host the baby shower. This really helps share the cost, the work, the stress, and the Fun!

Is there anyone that you would invite to the shower who would be able to host it or plan it for you?

Otherwise, there are several websites that can help you plan a shower. This is one of them: http://www.plan-the-perfect-baby-shower.com/baby-shower-etiquette.html

Good luck and congratulations on the baby!
    patsfan013

Answer by patsfan013 at 8:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• If you belong to a church some of the ladies might be willing to help throw you one. If you don't have a lot of friends or relatives around then maybe do a mail one. Just register at different places for somethings that you need and send out cards to some family that beings you are not close and everyone is kinda busy then they can check it out and just order somethings for you or send cards in the mail. Good luck! If you were around here then I would try to throw one for ya.
    leekim2004

Answer by leekim2004 at 8:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I have had 5 kids and my dd has had one and is pregnant again so needless to say I have had a few showers lol. I always have them at home or a friends house and invite family, friends and coworkers. Invite anyone and everyone you know, even if there is a guy whose married at work invite his wife. Its a great time to meet new people and you never know you might get a new friend out of it.
    Plan it on a Saturday after noon. Order a cake, pick up some chips, dip, soda, finger foods like little sandwiches, and you can pick up a game book/kit at party city.
    Register at babiesrus or target or walmart and let ppl know in the invites.

Answer by gemgem at 8:32 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Thank you ladies i really needed that this has been bothering me so much I even had night mares about it... That took a lot off me now i have an idea of what i should do at first i was like in the dark... Thank u so much ladies
    Anonymous