Are you a prepper?

Do you stock food and supplies? What kinds of things do you think your family will need?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes. We have canned foods on hand just in case of war, famine, the Government collapsing, the end of times. Lol.

What will our family need? Lol. We have most of it. My husband is going to buy gas masks soon.
    Anonymous

• We keep a few extra things handy due to hurricane season, just incase. Water, rice, and some canned goods.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 8:28 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I guess sorta. I pay our bills or try to months in advance. We dont have car payments or insurance payments. I buy extra food when I can and store it. I cook in advance when I can and freeze it, and this year we are buying a freezer so I can get extra meat.

Answer by gemgem at 8:34 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I have jugs of water in case we lose electricity and don't have water - the well pump needs electricity. I have extra tp and paper towels and canned good. and batteries and candles. I try to stay ahead of items we use- when I open a tube of toothpaste I replace it the next time I shop.

Answer by Bmat at 8:47 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I misread the question I thought it said are you a pepper? I was going to say yeah I love Dr Pepper! I don't buy extra food, I live in north central Texas no natural disasters ever happen here.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 8:48 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I stock up on hamburger, bread, ketchup, peanut butter, canned veggies, cereal, toothpaste, deodorant, body wash, shampoo, conditioner & toilet paper.
    busygirl247

Answer by busygirl247 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• i too thought this was a pepper question. lol. we live on a peninsula and we've run into situations where we lose electricity and therefore no septic or running water. still, we do not live in fear, and worse case, we'd be alright i just know it.
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 10:04 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I just have the regular canned goods in the pantry. But those are for our dinner ideas. I've always wanted to be prepared for any emergency, but so far haven't done it. Hopefully we'll never need it.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 10:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Prepper...lol, never heard that before. No, we buy a lot when we go shopping and stock up when something is on sale, but not because we are fearful. I trust God to take care of me and don't worry about things like that.
    toomanypoodles

Answer by toomanypoodles at 4:33 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• We buy at Sam's Club and just buy as much non-disposable food as we can when we have the extra money. No particular reason, but it seems to help out when our funds are low during a future month down the road.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:55 AM on Jan. 12, 2009