what can you do for IBS that helps? I eat fiber and less fats but still not helping with it.

I need to know what I can do for IBS as its really a bothersome thing. Any suggestions? I eat fiber and try to watch things I eat but it dont seem to matter.

glo5573babe

Asked by glo5573babe at 8:38 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Health

• My brother has IBS, weird but he actually started grilling his food, helped him out alot. have no idea why, but it did.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 8:42 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I have it. I haven't found anything that helps it but I have found things that don't like oils, butter, green leafy things but I still eat them. I just can't give it up I love it all. I have used imodium like crazy though but I noticed as I have gotten older my IBS has started to decrease, especially sinse I have been pregnant.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 8:54 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I have it, and i went to the Dr's and he put me on meds. They work great. I don't have them with me, but pm me and I'll get them and tell you what it is. But I'd say go to your Dr.
    craftykidsclub

Answer by craftykidsclub at 9:24 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Your stomach is your "2nd brain". So, if you have a healthy mind, and a calm one, it will make a difference in your IBS symptoms. Docs actually rx antidepressants to help with IBS. Anything that helps to control your mind and emotions, will help your IBS. Try it or mention it to your doc.
    hw1977

Answer by hw1977 at 10:52 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• you could have a lactose intolerance when i have ibs it's usually dairy related. If your not sure what foods it could be try seeing a Naturopathic Dr. they can direct you to someone who can help test you or test you themselves for food allergy or perhaps the underlying cause vs just mask it all with imodium that is just a band-aid. read down to the part about probiotics and IBS also here: http://www.vitaminstohealth.com/probiotic-acidophilus-supplement.html

massagegiftmom

Answer by massagegiftmom at 1:44 PM on Jan. 12, 2009