is there anything you can do to prevent yeast infections??

I feel like ever since I gave birth (6 months ago) I've had a yeast infection. I went to the doctor got meds but nothing is helping...I don't even know if this has to do with anything but I seem to get a yeast infection EVERY time I ovulate is there any connection at all?? Is there anything you can do to prevent them from happening?? I'm going crazy!! and yes ladies I'm very hygenic so it's not that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Health

• Reduce the amount of sugar in your diet, eat alot of yogurt and drink lots of water. Oh and cotton undies!
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry to hear that nothing is helping. When I take antibiotics I eat yogurt with active cultures and that is supposed to replace the good things that antibiotics kill. I wonder if you would eat a couple containers a day if it might help. A former urologist that I went to suggested putting plain yogurt (the kind with active cultures) on the area, but I never needed to try that. I know you are hygienic, but I wonder if you would change your underwear even more than now- at least twice a day, and put a medicated powder there every time you use the bathroom, Or there are creams that you can get in a grocery store or pharmacy to use externally- ask the pharmacist for where they are- probably near the yeast infection treatments. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 8:55 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I am afraid there is not much you can do. It is part of getting older...sorry. It is not so much that you are a dirty person it is how your... you know is feeling it is like when we feel under the weather we show it. The only thing you can use is the medication the doctor prescribes you (tell them it is not working you need something else) or get one over the counter. Make sure you use panty liners so you won't mess up your panties. Hope you feel better it will soon pass sometimes it goes away by it self and comes again it sucks. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:55 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I like Bmat's answer. If you are having a re-current yeast infection you should go get checked that you don't have a STD. I know God forbid your SO or DH but your health, fertility, and wellness and piece of mind is worth it. They can do a check to see what it is and then go from there. I have tried plain unsweetened yogurt soaked tampons in it and inserted. This was a naturopathic remedy and it helped with the discomfort as it was cooling from the fridge and helped re balance the bacteria. Hygiene has nothing to do with if you do or do not get a yeast infection. Yeast is an imbalance inside which has to do with how your body's immune system is working. http://www.vitaminstohealth.com/yeast-infection-home-remedy.html

Anonymous