If you were given free tickets to the inauguration, would you go?

Someone asked me that the other day and my first thing would be "hell yeah!" Then, I started to think about it. I'm not so sure I would really want to go. Not because I do or don't support the P E, but because I don't think I'd really enjoy being there amongst the craziness, hype and general chaos of it all (I'm more of a homebody, anyhow).

So, the same question is asked here - if someone gave you free tickets to attend the event, would you go?

TeensMom07

Asked by TeensMom07 at 9:10 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• if i lived closer maybe ;]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Nope, couldnt pay me to go.
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 9:14 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• nope, I'll be at home with my box of kleenex
    Anonymous

• yes I would-I think it is one of the most historic events EVERR for our country.i hate that kind of crazy scene as well but my God...I think it would be amazing.:o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:14 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I live in the area and I'm dreading all the millions of extra people that are expected be in our little 20 miles radius. BUT, I think I might go...
    prettylob1

Answer by prettylob1 at 9:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• No.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:17 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I was talking to my husband about this event, and it is NOT going to be pretty!

There is now an ESTIMATED 3-4 MILLION people expected to attend. The city had planned on about 1 million. All buses MUST be registered in advance. There are tens of thousands of people who are just thinking they can "show up" in DC, but due to massive security issues, anyone without the proper registrations/clearances are going to be denied access to parts of the city, and possibly turned away!

I predict all kinds of riots. Many people are literally near hysterics in witnessing a piece of history, can you just imagine how they'll react when they're denied the opportunity?! Videos will start showing up on You Tube by the next day!

You couldn't pay me to be within 100 miles of DC...any day of the year let alone inauguration day!
    Anonymous

• Opps, clicked too soon.
    I wouldn't go for the same reason I didn't goto the 1998 SuperBowl. I don't like large crowds of people. I prefer sitting at home with my own beer, wine, family, tv and family room. :oP
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I'm not usually big on huge crowds, but I'd suck it up for this. I'd love to go!
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 9:24 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Hell no. I live an hour and a 1/2 outside of D.C and boy am I glad. I am worried as it is because hubby works nights down in that area and will be on the roads. One of my instructors works at a hospital outside of D.C and they have already put them on lock down that night....no one that is working is allowed to leave JUST IN CASE. Not to mention I have no desire to be around that many people.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2009