Baby won't sleep

My almost 3 month daughter won't fall asleep till 4 in the morning and wake up at 12:30 in the afternoon. she takes any where between 30 min. to a hour nap every 3 hours or longer. How do i get her to sleep like a normal person. My fiance and I are night people but not like that. I need HELP, how do i get her to sleep by 10 or 11!

army_mommy15

Asked by army_mommy15 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• do u think she might have her days and nights mixed up we went though that with are son. we did everything in very bright light during the day and when the son went down we didnt keep lights on that much. try to keep her awake during the day play watch those movies with alot of sounds in them my son always liked them. good luck it is a stage theygo through
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Establish a routine. Its all about knowing whats coming next. Give her a bath, bottle, read a book, rock him for a bit, lay her down when she is sleepy but away, give binky (if applicable), turn out the lights (they aren't necessary and can be distracting for newborns), exit quietly, and speak softly. If you try this routine for 3 days, it should work. When you go in to her room in the middle of the night, dont get her out of the crib, give binky and soothe while she is in his crib. This lets her know its night time, and getting up isnt an option. If you have to get her out (to change diaper or feed her), dont leave her room, and try to keep it dim. Good luck! Babys thrive when they know whats coming next :). I would try a bedtime of 8 or 9. 10 or 11 sounds very late to me. Just my opinion. Babies wont sleep well when they are over-tired either.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:55 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• My 2nd child started like that, I changed his sleeping habits quick. He would sleep all morning, and was asleep most of the day. I would wake him up parts of the day and would play with him. Finally he got used to his days and nights. Good Luck!
    PinkRose282

Answer by PinkRose282 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2009