Judaism: Can someone exlpain to me about the Election of Abraham?

Working on power point project for World Religions class and one slide has to cover the Torah. I was doing some research online and found that it is made up of 5 books about the history of the Hebrews and according to this website one book was about the election of Abraham but I cannot find any other information on it. Can some one please help me asap? Thanks!

mcquistionmom2

Asked by mcquistionmom2 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Make your life easier, please. Torah is comprised of 5 books of the Old Testiment: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy.

The "election" of Abraham simply refers to G-d chosing Abraham as the first Jew and gives him the first command given to our people - "go away from your father's house to a land that I'll show you and ... etc"
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:54 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• try this link www.mb-soft.com/believe/txn/elect.htm
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 9:33 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• FYI the link given by Sis Jackson is from a Christian point of view, not a Jewish view of the matter.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 11:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• FYI Most Christians study Old Testament law very intensely. It's called old testament survey. There is no christian view when it comes to old testament history. so please talk what you know.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 11:38 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Thank you Avarah. I just thought maybe a link would give her more insigt. Do you ever teach about the Torah?
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 12:57 AM on Jan. 12, 2009