Does anyone have suggestions on grieving etc. (recent death)

I just lost my husband in Dec. Having a real hard time and I thought there might be other ladies that can relate to this. Thank-you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• I lost my husband to leukemia in 2005. I'm here if you'd like to talk. As far as resources, there is groww.org if you'd like to find a chat setting. I belong to a group called The Widows Club here on CM that you also might want to check out.

I'm very sorry for your loss.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I am sorry for your loss may God give you the strength to go on

Anonymous

• I don't know how it would be to lose my husband, but I did lose my father about seven years ago. It knocked me down for a long time. Send me a message if you need to talk I will be around just to listen if you need it.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 9:23 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• im so sorry honey :[ i would say that there is no right or wrong way to grieve, and as cliche as this sounds, "it takes time" you'll never get over it but you may find peace with it someday. im so sorry
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:35 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• All I can say is stay strong. Try to think about the good times you two had. Get out with friends or family. I'm so not good with this but I say what I would try to do if I was faced with this situation.
    I'll keep you in my prayers.
    Take care and send me a message if you need to talk.
    MrsTGray

Answer by MrsTGray at 9:36 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I lost my mom in October, and I never imagined to lose my best friend. We talked on the phone everyday and we did everything together. I felt as if life cheated me out of my mom and I was angry, because I didn't think it was fair. My mom was there for me when my dad left when I was just 5 and she was there when my kids were born and now she is gone. I had a hard time dealing with the lost, but I discovered that my little ones needed me. I have my mommy moments when I cry, but I try to be strong for my kids. I couldn't look at her pictures or things, so what I forced myself to do was to compose a scrapbook of all the wonderful memories she left me. Her legacy will still live on and so will she as long as I have that scrapbook. So, basically I keep myself busy with this task of greating a scrapbook of her and working on.
    If you need to talk contact me.
    SimplyCreative

Answer by SimplyCreative at 10:45 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I think you just have to walk thru it,nothing will make it better.You can sit and remember(you will anyways) or you can thro yourself into work/kids/life...but it is still there.Honestly all I can say is just keep breathing, and hang on.I hear at some point it doesn't get easier as much as it gets different...I'm so sorry.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:01 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I know of another mom that lost her husband in Sept. 08. She is still having a real hard time. I don't know of any place, but I know that when I got a divorce, writing my feelings down helped and then doing something creative helped take my mind off of it. I wish you the best and take care of yourself. God bless you honey. You are in my prayers. If you want to talk, just PM me or if you want to talk to my friend, just PM me.
    coke2pep

Answer by coke2pep at 11:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I'm sorry you're having to go thru this, as well as any children/family that share you sadness. It's a process to go thru, right now you're likely still in shock. groww.org is as great place to find support (it's the only one I went to) and there's people there live to talk to night and day (or used to be that way, I haven't been there in a long time) with different groups spousal loss, parental loss, friend loss, suicide, miscarriage etc... there's a room for all of the groups to meet up and then rooms for individual losses. You just have to get thru each moment as it comes and know that if friends aren't being supportive, it's because they don't know how, so tell them, don't be shy about that because they want to be there, they just don't know how and we're all here too so don't be afraid to lean on any or all of us.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:14 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• HELLO LADIES I AM THE ONE WHO ASKED THIS QUESTION. I AM REALLY THANKFUL FOR ALL OF YOU TAKING OUT TIME TO TALK TO ME. I SHOULD HAVE MENTIONED THAT I LOST ANOTHER HUSBAND A FEW YEARS AGO TO CANCER. I KNOW THAT IT IS REALL REALLY HARD-- JUST LOOKING FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU ALL TO HELP ME THROUGH. THANKS AGAIN SOOOOOO MUCH. I AM IN SUCH A WAY RIGHT NOW IT IS JUST NO WAY TO EXPLAIN IT. LOSS IS SO HARD. I AM TRYING TO STAY BUSY AND ALL THAT BUT SOMETIMES IT JUST TAKES YOU OVER--IF YOU WILL. AND IT JUST HITS HARD UNKNOWINGLY. I AM JUST REALLY THANKFUL TO HAVE SOMEWHERE LIKE THIS I CAN COME TO REACH OUT. I WILL BE HERE AGAIN I AM READING EACH AND EVERY ANSWER...AND IT HELPS-- MY HEART GOES OUT TO ANYONE ELSE GOING THROUGH ANYTHING LIKE THIS. OR ANY HARDSHIP.
    Anonymous