Advice PLZ.

i am barely pregnant and i have started to get mild pain attacks where y chest gets tight and i get restless. i think this is because i have had a previous chemical pregnancy. i try not think about it but i cant stop getting these attacks. will this increase my risk for miscarriage?? Anyone else suffer from a similiar situation. ONLY helpful answers please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sound like panic attacks. talk to your doctor. there are medicines you can take while pregnant to help with these attacks!
    yes stress can cause miscarriage (or later in pregnancy, premature birth)
    Anonymous

• I don't know if it increases your risk, but try some sort of calming tea, or lozenge, or anything during these attacks to get you to relax and calm down. I am sorry that you are dealing with this though. Maybe get one of those homeopathic inhalers for stress relief? See if they are safe while pregnant? Also, Bach flower remedies makes a "rescue remedy" which helps with anxiety, etc. It works wonders, and is a liquid!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:22 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• First of all relax mom, you are having panic attacks.I would too maybe,but it is not good for the baby.Stress can CONTRIBUTE to the loss of a baby-but not necessarily cause it.M/C is caused when something is not right to start out with or because of a trma to the body.Try to stay calm and not worry as much as you can,stay positive.Unless your docs worry, I think it's gonna be ok.Good luck and congrats! Google "panic attacks" and see how you can help yourself work thru them.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:22 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• and first poster is right,talk to doc about meds approved for panic-you don't have to suffer hon.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:23 PM on Jan. 11, 2009