Are you burnt out being a Mother?

As soon as my daughter turned 6,All Hell broke loose.I guess,I should be thankful it didn't start earlier,though there were times where she had bad tantrums and those were terrible.She has become so defiant and bossy it's close to impossible to tell her what to do!

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 9:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Its their little personalities just coming through. I have a seven year old that has a LOT to say. I try not to mind it and I just let him talk because I want him to think that he can tell me ANYTHING, but my brain gets so tired with all the kid conversation.
    Oh and he questions everything I tell him to do! I always joke with my husband about that because he is the same way.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 9:45 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• im so burnt out!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I thought that was only with my son. OMG I am surprised I did not kill him. I feel your pain. Take heart it is a phase, and try not to strangle her
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 9:35 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I've made posters for her with chores on them,for her to read so I don't have to tell her what to do all the time but that's exausting getting her just to read it.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 9:37 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• yikes. i got burnt out in the summer of 2007. i have 8 kids. i don't want to upset you more, but i find it gets more difficult w/ girls as they age, esp around 9 - 17. a long time. i have 5 girls. my difficult one is 11 now. drama queen. thye all act out differently. but as long as you let your kids determine your response, you are not in control. this is a hard concept to digest. and it may anger you to read it. but it's true. we can choose our feelings. i learned ths in the fall of 2007, at a landmark forum. and my circumstances no longer define me. i do. good luck!
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 9:51 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• This weekend I was fortunate to get away from her but the momment we are together the whole power struggle thing starts,it's terrible.It's like all we do these days is fight,for me I have ben doing alot of screaming out of frustration[ well we have stairs and I like to scream to hubs and her from the kitchen up to them] bad habit.It seems I don't get to enjoy my daughter anymore,all I do is tell her what to do.The screaming is really my husbands selffish parenting style that makes me so angry.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 10:08 PM on Jan. 11, 2009