Do you have a strong willed brat?

I'm so burnt out of Mothering,I wish I could run from this job and quit but I know it's only a temporary thing.How do you cope with your bossy and rebellious brat?

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 9:32 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Her strong willed behavior didn't just start I am sure....kids who are strong willed are always strong willed. I have one. You have to be firm and consistent....she is probably pushing even harder because she KNOWS she is wearing you out so she is winning.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:52 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Not to sound like a b**ch but at this age...discipline. I mean my kid rebels and tries to test his limits but it never last long because he knows the rules and our expectations of him.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:35 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Number one..regardless how challenging my son was I NEVER would refer to him as a 'brat'. Number two..discipline has to begin early..like before age 1. It has to be consistantly applied. Number three...motherhood isn;t 'temporary' it is for life. Mothering doesn't end when they are 18 or 21. It doesn't end at 30, or 40. If this is how you really feel...you mightthink about finding some counseling to help you deal with what is going on.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:47 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I've reached my point of utter exaustion with my daughter,she's very strong willed and active and this tires us out imensely.So now I'm asking my husband to help out and he won't,this is what's causing the most frustration.Have been putting her to bed earlier these days ,that's helped my sanity.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 9:47 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Yeah,I'm just fumming right now,she's a brat right now and has been but the most part she's just strong willed and active and it makes me very frustrated.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 9:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• What I ment by temporary was; it's a phase or it's their personality,something I have to accept.It's temporary meaning; if it's a phase,she'll change and a new phase will begin.I want to believe a child won't need me after 18,looking forward to the peace.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 9:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Wow...what a sad thought. Even as independent as I am I still need my parents and at minimum need to know that if I need them they will be there.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 10:02 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Well,she could visit me and whatever,I just hope she will be able to take care of herself and not argue with me like she does now.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 10:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2009