SHOULD I GO INTO THE HOSPITAL?

I HAVE ANOTHER? WHY IS LIFE SO HARD. I HAVE MAYJOR DEPRESION AND THINGS ARE SO HARD RIGHT NOW. I DONT FEEL SUICIDAL. I JUST FEEL LIKE LIFE IS AT THE VERY END. EVERYTHING I HAVE KNOWN IS GONE RIGHT BEFORE MY EYES. I LOVE MY KIDS AND I WONT TO BE STRONG FOR THEM BUT I KNW I CANT BE RIGHT NOW. I AM BREAKING SO FAR DOWN. I DONT KNW WHAT TO DO. PLEASE HELP ME . I NEED SOMEONE

MIXED

Asked by MIXED at 9:40 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• your children need you, so you have to help yourself. Even if its just by seeing an outpatient therapist once a week, taking that first step is the hardest thing to do but also the most important. You need to be able to find a way through this so that you can set a good emotional example for your children. I know nothing about your situation but I know that the best thing that you can do for yourself and your kids is to get yourself the help you need. You may start out at a hospital if your insurance requires that for mental health issues, but whatever needs to be done, nothing is too much to keep you and your kids healthy and emotionally stable. Good luck!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I DONT WONT TO LEAVE THEM WITH ANYONE . THEY NEED ME RIGHT NOW
    MIXED

Answer by MIXED at 9:41 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• if you feel you need to get some help i would suggest while they are at school tom get ahold of your mom or someone you can talk to and tell them all that you are feeling and they might recommend you to go gl
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 9:44 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Seeing a therapist or psychiatrist at the minimum is a good idea....as is checking into a hospital if you can't get in to see someone soon.

Just remember....your kids need you but you are no good to them if you can't function yourself.

Good luck momma.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:44 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Have you seen a doctor yet? If not, then make an appt and see what they can do for you first. If it gets so bad and you feel you have no hope left and could be a harm to yourself or your children then go straight to the ER. Depression can be a long battle and most people need professional help to get through it. You're not alone. Seek help. Best wishes to you and your family.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 9:45 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Getting help IS being strong for them. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but getting treated is the best thing that you can do for your children. They need a healthy mom and if you need help then you need to get it for your sake and theirs. If you don't have anyone you can let them stay with (a grandparent, a friend, someone you trust) then just bring them with you. The hospital will help you. If you think you can wait until the morning then go see your primary care physician first. DO IT AS SOON AS YOU CAN THOUGH. IT IS THE ABSOLUTE RIGHT THING TO DO FOR YOU AND FOR YOUR CHILDREN. I promise.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:45 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I, too, suffer from major depression. And have experienced those same feelings. Getting on the right medicines turned my life around.
    evelyngayle

Answer by evelyngayle at 9:51 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• If you don't have family members if you're a church member, I'm sure your minister could help guide you too. Ministers are on call 24 hours a day and in CafeMom there's like a 911 group for Cafemomer's that I've heard about but I don't know how to find it. Maybe another mom does. Prayers for you mommy. You are very strong for sharing tonight with CM. Someone's always around here it seems for company. Look at your children and listen and see yourself what you mean to them when they want you to share laughter with them over little and big things and their tears too.
    Anonymous

• I have major depression and severe anxiety. I felt guilty for trying to get help and worried about my children. The fact is that when you take care of YOURSELF - YOU ARE taking care of your children. You have to be well to take care of them properly. Be well for you and for your babies....PM me if you want/need to talk.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 11, 2009