Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how am i going to get my babys father to work with me for 9 months and 18 years

how tho

Answer Question

Asked by myssz_edwards at 9:40 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Sounds like you are going to have to get the court involved, at least financially. Hopefully this time will make him stand up and be responsible. Good luck.

    Answer by Scimecamommy at 9:41 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

  • One day at a time. Hopefully, he will willingly be apart of your child's life and be the best father he can be.

    I wish you the best.


    Answer by Southerncharmes at 9:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

  • One, it doesn't end at 18 years, it's a lifetime thing. Two, you need to talk to him and you both need to be adults about it. If he cannot be civil and cooperate with you then you need to get the courts involved. If he's not a responsible person or you do not trust him to stick to his commitments get the courts involved as soon as possible. It's a 50/50 deal and it takes a lot of work to maintain. It's hard sometimes but you need to keep fighting to a minimum and never use your child against him or withhold your child just b/c you're fighting or arguing. Open communication is key!!

    Answer by afeggan at 9:57 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.