If you could go back to school and be anything you wanted, what would you become that would allow you to work your own hours?

back to school, career, flexible hours

stacy772

Asked by stacy772 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I don't know about flexable hours, but I am going back to school to be a teacher. That way I will have the same days off as my kids.

A REALTOR might be good for flexability.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 12:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Still wouldn't matter. I fin. school and went to VoTech. Still not what I wanted to be. The career & class are pretty much extinct and I'm only in my 30s, but I found that when I was working I had enough $$ to try stocks & I was good. Now I'm sick (tired) & no job, $$, stocks. I guess than my answer is do something, anything until you figure it out, save & forget about it ($$). If down the road you decide what U wanna B, you'll have $$ for equiping yourself, or just investing. I didn't know about VoTech when I was in school, or I would have gone much sooner. 10 yrs. earlier I would have had a job in that field. Wouldn't have lasted, but I would have been well off $$ & could B buy/selling stocks now (whenever I'm awake) & making $$ from home, my hours! An Excellent Q.! Good luck. P.S. while U R thinking it over, if U R no good, or (rightly) scared of stocks, CDs are a good investment for any $$ laying around w/o purpose. More interest than a savings acct. just as safe.
    LADYLadylady

Answer by LADYLadylady at 11:12 PM on Jul. 17, 2008